UX Designer for mobile app Práce za rohem
Do you have experience as a UX Designer and ideally have designed a mobile app before? In that case we’d wholeheartedly invite you to join our mobile product team of Práce za rohem. For the last three years, our product has been helping people in the Czech Republic with finding a better job and last year we launched Prace za rogiem in Poland.
We need someone to take user insights gathered in a research and use them for designing improvements which will make the lives of both the job seekers and the recruiters easier.
Why should you go for it?
• You will be a part of a team of 10 experienced UX designers and user researchers, so you will have enough buddies to consult your designs and ideas with.
• You will play an important role in a small product team. Together with the Product Manager and Technology Lead you will have the power to influence the future of the product.
• You can improve your English skills as you will communicate with your Polish colleagues and with your English-speaking Product Manager on a daily basis.
• Every designer has his/her way of working. We will not tell you how you should do things. What we can promise you is that you will experience a proper design process here.
• If you feel like trying something new, we will be there to back you up.
And what are we up to next?
• Currently, there exist two different apps - one for job seekers and another for recruiters. Nevertheless, we found out that users would be more satisfied with just one app, so we will be merging them.
• There are plenty of jobs out there and the job seekers need help with finding the right one. Thus, we will be developing better search and recommendation tools.
• ...and there are many other things that we have in mind.
We care for what we do and how we do it...
Just to make things clear; working at LMC is not always a piece of cake. We want to do UX as well as we can and we're glad to be having appropriate working conditions to do so. Here you don't have to persuade anyone about how important UX is. We don't make impulsive decisions based on how amazing they sound. Quite the contrary - we base our decisions on user research, which is a fundamental part of our design process - we love working in the field and analysing data. You have free hands and our full trust to come up with a design you will be happy with. We develop our product following the dual track agile methodology.
...as well as who we work with
Práce za rohem needs a UX designer with at least 3 years of experience who has already worked on app development. A designer who can empathise with users and who can turn a research insight into an effective design solution. Clean and simple design is your mantra, as well as clear and understandable copywriting. You should not be afraid of some basic data analysis (don't worry, we have professionals for the heavy stuff). You should be able to work with e.g. Google Analytics, Google Optimise or Sketch. You should be able to inspire others and excite them about your ideas. You should not just hang around waiting for an assignment, but rather manage your own time and work.
7 reasons why you will enjoy working here
• Collect good karma working on a product that helps its users and has a positive impact.
• Broaden your skills and knowledge by attending conferences in the Czech Republic and abroad.
• Receive an extra week of annual leave, another 5 days for whatever you need them for, and an additional day off on your birthday.
• Make a use of our tea room with the best teas from Asia made by our tea master Gustav. Not a fan of tea? Grab some tasty fair-trade coffee instead.
• Strengthen your cultural and sport spirit using the credit in the Cafeteria benefit program.
• Tune your work-life balance and take home office whenever you feel you need it.
• Kids and dogs roam our offices, and so can yours.
...and many many other reasons.
So? Will you join us?
Let's meet over a cup of tea. You’ll get to know your potential team lead Tom Kubina. After the meeting, we’ll ask you to do some "homework”, i.e. to solve a design challenge, which you will present at a trial day. During the trial day, you'll be meeting your product team and fellow designers. If we see eye to eye with each other, you'll go and see Milan Jasný, LMC’s CEO, who enjoys meeting every new colleague :)
But first of all, send us your CV or LinkedIn profile :)
Information about the vacancy
Jankovcova 1569/2c, 170 00 Praha-Holešovice, Czech Republic
Full-time work, part-time work
Type of employment
Duration of employment
Flexible start/end of working hours, meal tickets / catering allowance, corporate recreational facilities, educational courses, training, cafeteria, refreshments on workplace, contribution to sport / culture / leisure, sick days, occasional work from home, corporate events, more than 5 weeks of vacation, self-organization of the job, dog-friendly office, children-friendly office, dedicated time for innovations
Secondary education or professional training with a school-leaving exam
Czech (intermediate), English (intermediate)
Suitable for the physically challenged. Attendance required – handicapped-accessible building. Suitable for: Disabled, Wheelchair bound, Other.